Processor Technology Sol-20

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 11:04:48 1998

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Marvin wrote:

> > Does anybody know what the production numbers were for the Processor
> > Technology Sol-20? Also, does anybody know when PT went out of
> > business? Was it due to the Persci drives in the Helios II as I've
> > been told? A co-worker of mine said the Persci drive heads were
>
> Sam still has the audio masters for the original Vintage Computer Fair where
> Lee Felsenstein and (drawing a blank), the former president of Processor
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ = Bob Marsh

> Technology both spoke. The production numbers were 10,000 with
> approximately the first 5,000 being produced as kits, and the last 5,000
> produced as assembled units. I don't recall the date they went out of
> business (1981???) but it will be on the tape. From my recollection of the
> talk, the reason they went out of business was more along the lines of bad
> business decisions rather than hardware problems.

Plus I believe some animosity started to form between the two at the time.
I'll be making a VCF 1.0 session compilation tape which will be made
available on the web site in about a month (need to seek approvals from
all involved). Some of these were great talks (the Felsenstein/Marsh talk
was especially entertaining). There's a lot of good history.

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!