Helios II disk drive - Sol-20

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 11:27:23 1998

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Marty wrote:

> I've got the Sol-20 up where I can see the monitor prompt '>' but
> there is garbage on the screen which I have yet been able to get rid
> of and attempts to load off a cpm diskette (that came with this
> package) have failed thus far.

This sounds suspiciously similar to what the screen looked like when
Felsenstein & Marsh fired up the Sol-20 prototype at VCF 1.0. Is the
garbage confined to the last two lines of the screen? (I'll have to go
dig up my close-up screen shots photos). If so, this could mean a dead
video ROM.

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!