Picked up another truckload! Take a look?

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 14:23:14 1998

At 01:17 PM 3/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>David Wollmann wrote:

[snipperoo]

>> http://www.ibmhelp.com/
>
>Pretty nice site, I'll have to explore this one more....

I think it's kinda lame right now, the top destination page and top exit
page is the list of links to IBM on the web, if that tells you anything. :)
The funny thing is, most of the hits come from Research Triangle Park, he
he he.

I've got an IBM tech specs database about 70% complete and we're going to
put it on the site. It includes all the Family One, almost all the PS/1s,
PS/2s, Aptivas, etc. and some of the midrange boxes. The only problem right
now is, ASPs seem to be a little shakey, and as frequent as crashes are on
the NT/IIS box our site is on, I'm afraid to try it since my queries are
going to pull about 35 columns (several with lookups) on a busy box. I may
wait until I finish switching over to dedicated ISDN with a router and move
the site over to our own Linux box running Apache. I think I'd rather spend
my time learning Postgres than Mickeysoft's stuff anyway.

Soon as I get my Snappy I'm going to start adding some pics--shooting every
IBM box I have and every one that comes through here, then copy the GIF to
the database.

The next step is to dump all the old 8" Displaywriter, System/23 and 8" and
5.25" System/36 software distribution diskettes we've got here out to disk
and press a CD of the images--the media are starting to get a little dicey.
They won't be worth anything to anyone else unless they have a MicroTech 8"
on a PC, or something similar, but I really want to preserve these binaries
since IBM doesn't archive them.

If I can ever find time, I want to start archiving the old manuals too.
Anybody got a spare ADF for a ScanJet 4p?

All this, and a System/36 emulator for Linux.

Dave, the Rambling Computer Crazy