Found a Apple IIGS UPgrade

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Fri Mar 6 01:00:12 1998

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, John R. Keys Jr. wrote:

> A few weeks back someone asked about Apple IIGS that looked like a IIe,
> well a got one today at an auction for free. The guy that won the bid on
> box of electronics gave it to me but he gave the color monitor to someone
> else :-( It looks just like a IIe or II case except for the IIGS logo on
> the lid next to the apple name. On the bottom it says Apple IIGS Upgrade
> Model No. A2S6001 with a serial number following that. No date is on the
> bottom but the mother board says Apple IIGS on it also and has 7 slots on
> the rear another to the side with a memory expander in it right now. It

I believe there was an upgrade kit that came out a short while after the
//gs was introduced that allowed one to upgrade their //e to a //gs.

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!