Finally gone...

From: William Donzelli <william_at_ans.net>
Date: Fri Mar 6 14:15:03 1998

For quite a few years, one bit of folklore that has popped up on a regular
basis is that of old IBM dinosaurs running our air traffic control system.
Well, I was just wasting some (work)time now looking at some recent
threads on <bit.listserv.ibm-main>, and it is fairly clear that the 9020s
are now all gone after probably too many years of service.

The interesting thing is that the machines that replaced them, 3083s, are
also now considered classics.

William Donzelli
william_at_ans.net