8 bit ATARI disk compatability with standard DD/DD drives

From: J. Maynard Gelinas <jmg_at_iac.net>
Date: Sat Mar 7 11:45:09 1998

        Several weeks ago I posted a question about whether a standard
PC DD/DD drive could read/write ATARI floppy disks. I got one
responce which was in the negative... however, at the time the
comp.sys.atari.8bit faq wasn't available from my news server (both
comp.sys.atari.8bit and news.answers). Well, it is now and I have a
correct answer. Check:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/

Subject: 11.2) Can I read/write 8-bit Atari disks on an IBM-PC?

There are several programs that allow an MS-DOS system to work with an
Atari-format diskette. The following require a DOS and disk drive on
the Atari end capable of the SS/DD 180K format:

 [... details snipped for brevity]

        Guess it's time to get DosEMU working again. ;-)

--jmg