Started up the S/34 - It runs.

From: Philip.Belben_at_powertech.co.uk <(Philip.Belben_at_powertech.co.uk)>
Date: Mon Mar 9 09:17:33 1998

> Daniel,
>
> Does the system 34 use *" floppy disks? I don't know anything about S34
> but I think I got a bunch of disks this weekend and I think some them are
> original disks for the S 34.
>
> Joe

I don't know about Daniel's machine but every System/34 I've ever seen
does. It takes them either singly or in "magazines" of ten diskettes.
I recommend that anyone with a S/34 tries to get hold of some of the
empty magazines - or even full ones.

AFAIK, IBM's idea was you kept yor software, backups etc. in magazines,
unless it was 3 disks or fewer. I imagine most people did what people
nowadays will be forced to do - keep the disks in conventional boxes and
load the magazines immediately before insertion into the S/34.

Philip