Demography?

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Mon Mar 9 09:19:29 1998

Well, everybody else has been tossing bio's in here, so what the
hell.

I'm pushing 43, recently married for the third time (second time
from the government's POV), my wife and I have about 50 computers
kicking around (not sure about the status of some of Lisa's little
handhelds that she keeps buying because they're "cute").

I didn't start out planning to collect obsolete computers, but I
have this problem about throwing things away. I got involved with
the TRS-80 not long after I got out of the USAF in 1978. Wound up
working for Tandy from 80-86 is training/tech support at the retail
level. Accumulated a few systems during those years. Hooked on
Unix from the first (pre)release of Xenix for the Model 16, so
these days I'm a sysadmin (AIX usually) presently between contracts.
Coco 1/2/3, 4p, Mod 2, 6000HD, Mod 100 (3)+DVI, 1000TL/2 are what I
have now -- have owned two Mod Ones, two Mod 16s and a Tandy 2000 in
the past, but as Ben Franklin said, three moves equals one fire and
I've moved more than three times. Have three AT&T Unix PCs, two work
and the other is parts. A Sun 4/360 with Solaris 2.4 that I'm trying
to get Linux working on. Atari 68k boxes, a 520 ST and a 1040 ST.
Several TI 99/4A machines, one still shrink-wrapped -- my wife credits
a cassette-based algebra tutorial for that machine with getting her
through the math requirement so she could get her nursing degree.
Miscellaneous Intel boxen that I mostly run Linux on, though there are
a couple that are mostly lab rats for whatever I feel like doing to
them OS-wise. Who knows what I'll come back from the TCF with this
year? I've without doubt left a few off this list, as they aren't all
where I can see them from here.
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,