Epson HX-20

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Mon Mar 9 23:57:37 1998

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Joe wrote:

> I don't have them for sale. They belong to a friend of mine. If he
> decides to sell one, I'll let you know. Do they need a special tape or
> will a standard audio tape work in them? What's the expansion unit?

Thanks, Joe, I would like to buy one, so let me know if he sells. I don't
know much about the HX-20, but I think the expansion unit was memory
expansion (from 16K to 32K?). I've talked to somebody that used to sell
these things as a dealer, and he still has the technical reference manual,
so if we become HX-20 owners, I'll see if I can at least get photocopies
of the tech ref.

BTW, I saw an Epson HC-41 today. I think the HX-20 and HX-40 were sold in
Japan as the HC-20 and HC-40 (which was also called the PX-4, I think).
I've never heard of an HC-41 before today, but it looked sort of like an
HX-20 except it had chicklet keys and a non-QWERTY layout. It was
attached by ribbon cable to a rather large machine; the tiny Epson and
large machine it controlled where being sold as a matched set for $250.

-- Doug