The free VAXen

From: Aaron Christopher Finney <aaron_at_wfi-inc.com>
Date: Tue Mar 10 10:55:06 1998

Hi,

Pardon someone fairly new to the cult of VAX, but what are the differences
between the VAXstation 3100 and the VAXserver 3100? Is it like Suns, where
is is just the same machine without framebuffer and monitor? My only VAX
(so far) is a VAXstation 3100 m38, and I'm finally starting to understand
why there is such a religious user base for them.

Also, Allison, which model is the guy giving away? Please let me know when
you get them and what condition they were in, I'm really interested. 6/7
of my freebies have turned out to be expensive-to-ship parts boxes, the
only real exception being a Sun 3/50 that was magnificent (complete with
memory expansion board).

Regards,

Aaron