Demography

From: William Donzelli <william_at_ans.net>
Date: Tue Mar 10 16:50:50 1998

> Pardon my ignorance but what is RCS/RI? Retro Computing Society of
> Rhode Island? Regardless, is there a web address I can visit?

Yes, you are correct!

Basically started by a few locals (I live in New York - not exactly
local!) as a loose organization of individuals interested in seeing the
old systems live on thru the age of the PeeCee. It has grown quite a bit,
and now is incorporated. We still act as a bit of a computer commune, as
we chip in for the rent and other expenses at the "Mill", a room in an old
factory we rent. Some of the machines at the Mill are owner by members but
available to all. Most, however, are considered RCS/RI property. We tend
to go for the big iron, but we do have quite a few micros as well.

Every month or so we do have an open house, generally on a Saturday. I
will post information about it, for any locals on the list. General work
sessions are just about every other Saturday.

Our web site (although in need up some updates - actually lots of
updates!) is at <osfn.org/rcs>.

William Donzelli
william_at_ans.net