Preserving old floppies, fixed disks...

From: Les Berry <lfb107_at_psu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 11 10:46:51 1998

I know I saw a post on this a while back but I don't recall
any of the suggestions for preserving old floppies. I have
a few things on 8 inch floppies that are pretty much irreplacable
so any ideas are welcome!

Also, I have a number of machines that I don't use on any sort
of regular basis that have hard drives in them. I don't expect
these things to last forever but is there something I can do to
prolong the life of some relatively unused machines. (An old
Xerox comes to mind) Should I "start 'er up" every so often
(like a car in storage) or is it better to just leave well enough
alone?

Thanks!
Les
lfb107_at_psu.edu