Any other RSTS/E machines online?

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 11 11:47:41 1998

Although you'll probably beat me to it you won't be for long. On the
other hand, my efforts to put machines on the net have been largely
vaporware for several months. I actually DID have my SWTPC 6800 machine
on the Net for about 24 hours before a power line hit or something
(it was protected so maybe it was just a failure) popped a 7400 on it's
cpu card and caused its serial card to go poof. I finally got some
schematics so I'll be working on fixing that.

I have an 11/84 and an 11/34 in the garage that are waiting to be
moved into the basement and restored to full operation. I also got
a DEC terminal server that apparently contains, according to sources
on this mailing list, a Unibus ethernet card suitable for the 11/84
so I might feel compelled to place it on the Net.

When DSL arrives in Des Moines in June, I should be able to afford
the upgrade from my dedicated 33.6k connection to a 256k link.

Once I get over my cold (I can tell I'm starting to get over it because,
as is always the case for 3 or 4 days following a cold, everything smells
like burnt chocolate) I intend to move the 84 the 34 and the 3 PDP-8I's
into the basement and start restoring them. I spent last week...part of
why I got sick...cleaning the basement and making space for everything
and organizing my workbench so I can actually work on machines.

At any rate, the 84 is currently loaded with RSX though I always preferred
RSTS over it. Apparently, however, SCO has released source, binary etc
licensing for various flavors of Unix for the 11 so I'm inclined to run
that instead. =-)

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead