Old Sony Z80 comp...

From: Adam Fritzler <afritz_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 00:17:11 1998

I know there has already been a discussion on the Sony SMC-70, but it seems
to have terminated after being sidetracked into a discussion of floppy
connectors.

I've stumbled upon quite a large collection of Sony modules for these
things. This is currently what I have sitting in front of me:

 SMC-70G Micro Computer
 ??????? Genlocker
 SMI-7012A Dual Floppy Unit
 SMI-7074 NTSC Superimposer
 SMI-7050 Cache Disk Unit -- What is this?
 SMI-7075 Videotizer

Now, is there anywhere that I can get an OS and the software to use all that
equipment with? Can someone 'lend' me images of thier floppies? (If anyone
has them!)

The main computer module is fuctional -- I can boot it to the point where I
get a console monitor and get type 'b' and get into 'Sony BASIC'. I don't
currently have enough RGB NTSC video equipment to test the rest out.

Thanks,
Adam
( Adam Fritzler afritz_at_iname.com )
                   http://afritz.base.org/