request for comments on some used equipment

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Fri Mar 13 21:01:47 1998

At 06:16 AM 3/13/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Yesterday, I saw three interesting machines but I didn't get them
>because A) I was short on cash and B) I'm really running out of room
>around here and trying not to buy everything I see... I'm not at all
>familiar with any of these, but if I were to go back and possibly get
>one of them, I'd like some comments on them to help me decide:
>
>- Amstrad PCW 8256 (z80/cpm system?)

  Yes, CPM system. I've seen two of these for sale in in the past week.
Apparently they sold most of these as word processors and not as computers.
These require the special 3 inch disks, so you may want to be sure it
includes some since they're hard to find.

>- Sanyo MBC 550 (straight PC clone?)

  A pain in the A__! I used to have one. I requies special DOS and won't
run a lot of the MS-DOS software, Skip it!

>- Olivetti EVT300 (I may have botched the part number from faulty
>memory, it's a stylish black metal PC-ish box with one 3.5"
>floppy--related to AT&T 6300?)
>
>All were priced in the 10-15 dollar range. Which, if any, would you
>buy?

   Definitely not the Sanyo!

  Joe