Resetting-up S/36 (5363) - How do I do that?

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Sat Mar 14 06:11:48 1998

At 11:03 PM 3/13/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I convinced the 5363 to give me Service mode. (Diddled with plugs behind
>the keyswitch until it let me try IPLing.). The IPL fails, someone has
>nuked these harddisks. (Erased, not destroyed). So, I have the whole
>set of SSP, RPG, and Utilities disks, how do I do a reload? I have the
directions
>for doing this on a 5360, but not 5363. I'm at the microcode loading stage,
>but where the 5360 has 1 disk for microcode, I have 2. I can finish loading
>the 1st disk, but I can't get it to load the second - I don't know how.
>Anyone know?
>-------

I just did this on a new (new to my 5363) disk about one year ago. I have a
manual page here somewhere with all the details--if I can find it I'll send
you the info later. If you're in a big hurry, do a DejaNews search in
comp.sys.ibm.sys3x.misc on "microcode load" or something along those lines.
I know it's been discussed there in the last year or so.

You should also try to install the latest PTFs if you have them. You
wouldn't happen to have S/36 Common Ordinary Business Obfuscation Language
would you?

Thank you,

David Wollmann
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com
DST ibmhelp.com Technical Support
http://www.ibmhelp.com/
--
Support for legacy IBM products.
Data, document and file conversion for legacy