Altos and JX questions

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Sat Mar 14 06:20:38 1998

At 01:58 PM 3/13/98 +0930, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I had some luck today, and picked up and Amstrad CPC464, two IBM JX's,
>and an Altos 486. No idea what I'll do with the spare JX - but they are
>neat. Did it take JR cartridges, or ones of it's own? And does anyone
>know whether they had to have their own system disks, or could they boot
>off standard DOS? Currently I'm stuck with the default BASIC.

The infamous Japanese PCjr? The JX was the last straw for the jr community.
When we heard about it we though IBM was fixing to revive the jr--little
did we know. Is there any chance you could post a couple snapshots of the
JX somewhere? I'd love to have a look at one so I can cry in my beer.

IIRC, the JX could boot PC-DOS 2.10. If it's inwards are anything like the
PCjr, it's a 128K box, so unless it has been expanded, you're probably
stuck with DOS 2.10 or 3.x.

--
Thank you,
David Wollmann