Altos and JX questions

From: Adam Jenkins <adam_at_merlin.net.au>
Date: Fri Mar 13 08:28:12 1998

>The infamous Japanese PCjr? The JX was the last straw for the jr community.
>When we heard about it we though IBM was fixing to revive the jr--little
>did we know. Is there any chance you could post a couple snapshots of the
>JX somewhere? I'd love to have a look at one so I can cry in my beer.

I opened one of them up to check her out, and have a shot of the system
with the cover off. As soonas I get the film proceesed I'll put them up.
 An ugly beast though - I like them, but they are an ugly dark gray.

>IIRC, the JX could boot PC-DOS 2.10. If it's inwards are anything like the
>PCjr, it's a 128K box, so unless it has been expanded, you're probably
>stuck with DOS 2.10 or 3.x.

It seems they were 512k as standard, but there was no seperate video ram
so 64k of that was taken.

thanks heaps,

Adam.