What's with the raw HTML?

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Sun Mar 15 20:48:05 1998

Tim Shoppa <shoppa_at_alph02.triumf.ca> wrote:
>I know some folks who work at Microsoft and everything they send me from
their
>"work" address is a several-hundred-line MS-Word document that is, of
>course, MIME-encoded. Typically I can decode it and dump the file to
>find the single line of real text that they thought they were sending me.

For those few of us who might also check their Word documents in
binary, you'll find that Word also stores quite a bit of its undo
buffers in the saved document. Yes, no kidding. I've received
letters and contracts from people who didn't realize this.
By studying the binary, you can see their last few revisions. :-)
People often create a "new" letter by revising an old document.

- John
Jefferson Computer Museum <http://www.threedee.com/jcm>