Robots again

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Mon Mar 16 15:09:14 1998

On Mar 16, 9:10, Max Eskin wrote:

> >2. Things such as the Symbolics LISP machine, specifically designed for
> > AI research and with all sorts of spiffy hardware features that make
> > it automatic to do some really nice things (such as actual machine-level
> > "objects" that aren't just locations in memory but are real data types.

> I HATE object oriented stuff. Hate it, hate it, hate it. At least in
> C++, Java, and Visual Basic, which have been my only expoures to it.

I'be not tried VB, and almost zero Java, but I had to use Ada for three years.
 Ada 95 has a lot of OO features (though you needn't use it that way). It is
my most unfavourite language. Some of us have described Ada as a read-only
language (cf. C as a write-only language).

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Dept. of Computer Science