Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: William Donzelli <william_at_ans.net>
Date: Mon Mar 16 16:44:24 1998

> IBM bashing before PCs? As an old Univac/CDC type I can swear
> (with fingers crossed behind back) we never said a single bad
> word about OS/360 or the blazing speed of a 360/20, and we
> always envied the S/3ers their MFCU and the cute little 96 col.
> cards.

Oh, CDC...Computer Dinosaur Corporation...

Sorry.

I still want a Cyber, however (any other 180s being decommissioned
lately?).

Seriously, IBM was _THE_ bad guy in the computer world for many years
prior to the PC. It took both the greater dislike of Microsoft and the
release of the RS/6000 to turn the heads of many hackers.

William Donzelli
william_at_ans.net