Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: Jack Peacock <peacock_at_simconv.com>
Date: Mon Mar 16 12:48:32 1998

>MS bashing in a MODERN context is off-topic, yes, but saying
how
>BASIC for the Altair was bloated certainly is the best of both
worlds
>IMHO. But to go even further back, was there any IBM-bashing
before
>the 80's?

a 4KB paper tape Basic for the Altair was bloated? Compared to
what, the 2KB Tiny Basic Dr. Dobbs was pushing? At least you
got paper tape for the Altair, the Dr. Dobbs version you had to
type in from very small print in the magazine. And most
important, Bill's 4K Basic worked, did anyone ever get the IMSAI
paper tape Basic to work? (We gave up and threw ours away after
several futile tries)

IBM bashing before PCs? As an old Univac/CDC type I can swear
(with fingers crossed behind back) we never said a single bad
word about OS/360 or the blazing speed of a 360/20, and we
always envied the S/3ers their MFCU and the cute little 96 col.
cards.
        Jack Peacock