Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Mon Mar 16 22:46:31 1998

Barry Peterson wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:43:09 -0500, you said:
>
> >Matters of taste. I always liked MultiPlan on everything from the
> >TRS-80 Model II (and 4) to the Unix version. Never had a problem
> >with the user interface, which I prefer to the slash menus used by
> >VisiCalc, SuperCalc, Lotus etc. But putting that same interface on
> >Word for DOS made that my least favorite word processor to that
> >point, and I've known some bad ones over the years. I _still_
> >prefer MultiPlan to the monster that Redmond replaced it with.
>
> I use Multiplan on the TI-99, I use Quattro Pro on my PC's.

I always save everything as .SLK so that everything goes from one
machine to another (memory permitting) (with Unix, virtual memory
permitting) without loss of data. Formatting? That's for Ecxel
folks who think if the spreadsheet is pretty it doesn't matter if
the numbers say the company is going down the toilet.

Quattro Pro is a fine product in its own right, BTW. It beat
(legally) the look-and-feel Lotus copyright bullshit even after
Lotus bought (and buried) VisiCalc where the look-and-feel
originally derived.
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,