I have located Heaven... and it's inside ATS.

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Tue Mar 17 00:30:26 1998

At 08:46 AM 3/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>> PS: NONE of this is trash! They actually USE all this stuff to test
>> equipment!
>
>I am always amazed when you express amazement that computers that aren't
>brand new are being used to do useful stuff :-). Ten, twenty, and
>thirty-year old computers are used to run everything from gas chromotagraphy
>units to MRI's, subway systems, factories, and cyclotrons, and some of us
>make at least a part of our living ensuring that they continue to do the job.

I'm currently working with Long's Drugs, a chain of pharmacies (up to 352
this week!) in the western US. About 15 years ago or so, they put an
HP3000 in each store to manage the pharmacy systems. They're still there.
Most of the stores are micro3000's (mid 80's?) but there are still some
series 42 and 40 machines out there. (I used to have a list of what was at
each store somehwere.)

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/