Arrrgh! Micro$h*t again....

From: Lawrence Wilkinson <ljw_at_formula1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 16 15:28:59 1998

In article <012701bd510c$1ef12720$14ac31cf_at_jack.simconv.com>, Jack
Peacock <peacock_at_simconv.com> writes
>a 4KB paper tape Basic for the Altair was bloated? Compared to
>what, the 2KB Tiny Basic Dr. Dobbs was pushing? At least you
>got paper tape for the Altair, the Dr. Dobbs version you had to
>type in from very small print in the magazine. And most
>important, Bill's 4K Basic worked, did anyone ever get the IMSAI
>paper tape Basic to work? (We gave up and threw ours away after
>several futile tries)
Does anyone remember Basic5, for CP/M IIRC? It was a 5k Basic which
took up about 8k. As for small languages, ETI published 'Simple' for
the 8080 c.1977 which was a non-trivial self-contained interactive
interpreter, in 256 bytes including space for your own UART drivers.
--
Lawrence Wilkinson                                  ljw_at_formula1.demon.co.uk
The GirlFrendo homepage:         http://www.formula1.demon.co.uk/girlfrendo/