Irreverence to irrelevance

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Wed Mar 18 12:08:08 1998

At 08:10 AM 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Joe wrote:
>
>> >Its obvious that this mailing list needs an overhaul. Any attempts to
>> >steer it back to its proper course of discussion have been either
>> >ridiculed or ignored.
>>
>> Did you ever stop to think that maybe that's because no one else on this
>> list agrees with *your* version of an overhaul?
>
>>From the ClassicCmp FAQ:
>
>1.1 What is ClassicCmp?
>
>It's a mailing list for the discussion of classic computers. Topics center
>on collection, restoration, and operation. It is also an appropriate place
>for stories and reminiscences of classic computers. Lofty discussions
>dealing with the philosophical and/or metaphysical aspects of computers are
>often better handled in private e-mail.
>
>2.1 What can I talk about?
>
>Anything related to classic computers as defined above. There are many
>people on this list that really know what they're talking about, so you might
>want to check facts before you start shooting off messages. It's also a
>good idea to actually read the FAQs and check the archives a little before
>posting.
>
>Is that clear enough for you?
>
>Sam

  It certainly is, I've read it before and so have most of the people on
this list but no one else is complaining that the list needs an overhaul.
Furthermore, when has anyone been ridiculed for "attempts to steer it back
to its proper course of discussion"?

   90+% of the ridiculing in this list has come from you. A good example is
the message that you posted this morning. Here are some examples just from
that one message; "Your criticisms will be answered with fantasticly cruel
insults and derision." and "The quality of the PEOPLE on this mailing list
has declined considerably.". Then you referred to the people here as "riff
raff." and "off-topic and boorish.". Then added ">[insert off-topic shit
here]." and to "this stupid mailing list". And to finish it up you then
referred to other on this list as ">casual turd.".

   NO ONE else on this list has EVER posted anything so vulgar, insulting
and demeaning as what you have posted in that one message! I for one would
never subscribe to any mailing list run according to your "standards"!

  Joe