What's with the raw HTML?

From: lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk <(lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk)>
Date: Wed Mar 18 14:19:18 1998

On 1998-03-17 classiccmp_at_u.washington.edu said to lisard_at_zetnet.co.uk
   :>> make sure you set the "send mail as text only" property somewhere
   :>> obscure in the settings.
   :>Doesn't that shut down HTML for ALL mail though? You'd think a
   :>person could specify what type messages (easily) to each person
   :>individually instead of as a whole.--

   :You CAN. The IE bashing is ill-informed. It's a great product.
   :However, in specific response to the above, you simply select that
   :mail is responded to in the format it was sent. Quite simple and
   :obvious.

we road-tested it extensively for work. it isn't a great product, it's
an adequate product, and every version has its own little collection of
bugs. ill-informed? not when the company's future is riding on it. we'll
have to go to ie4 eventually, and it's better than ie3.02, but it is far
from great.

(however, we'll qualify that. if you use xml, it is great, since it's
the only xml browser readily available. other than that...? use netscape
instead, it may not be in bed with your desktop but hell, ain't that a
benefit...? :> )
--
Communa (together) we remember...             we'll see you falling
you know soft spoken changes nothing             to sing within her...