Apology, Info, Etc...

From: Bill Richman <bill_r_at_inetnebr.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 23:01:56 1998

Amen! Sam has slammed me in the past for standing up for "bleeding
hearts" like you, and I think it's time we "bleeding hearts" got
together and kicked some a**! We like machines, but we don't have to
_act_ like them. We can talk (mostly) about classic computing while
still acknowledging and respecting each other's unique experiences and
feelings. All this time I've seen Sam's name, and kept thinking that
somehow this all made sense. It's finally come to me; it was just a
spelling error! Go to sea, Sam - GO TO SEA!

(with apologies to Herman Melville)

     Call me Ishmael. Some years ago--never mind how long precisely
--having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to
interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see
the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the
spleen, and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself
growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November
in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin
warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and
especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it
requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately
stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats
off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:18:46 -0600 (CST), Wirehead Prime
<wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com> wrote:

>Sam, if you attempt to take over the mailing list I will proceed in the
>following manner.

<snip>

>In light of this I can only implore the current constituency of this
>mailing list and the powers that be (Bill) NOT to turn over control of
>this group to you in any way, shape or form. To do so would be like
>throwing baby chicks to the fox.

                            -Bill Richman
                             bill_r_at_inetnebr.com
                             http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r