Apology, Info, Etc...

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 18:18:46 1998

Sam, if you attempt to take over the mailing list I will proceed in the
following manner. I am the sysadmin of a major ISP and so I have the
means to carry out the following:

1. I will select a group of individuals who are respected by all and ask
them to prepare a set of by-laws.

2. I will prepare an arrangment, with checks and balances to insure
against cheating, to tally votes.

3. I will set up a mailing list server, most of which I've already done
for other projects.

4. I will put to a vote who the moderators should be and what version of
the bylaws will be chosen etc etc etc. I will NOT be in control.

To suggest that you will take control of the group, which I've been
saying for two days is your entire goal anyway, is absolutely
outrageous. You've demonstrated nothing but malice toward everyone who
even suggests that your approach should be tempered with reason. I can't
imagine how you could be a fair and impartial moderator or how such a
group, if moderated or controlled in any way by you, could be anything
other than a means for you to stroke your own ego and have victims upon
which to rain down inappropriate wrath.

Everything that you accuse others of and insist that they stop doing, you
yourself do. I do not intend this as an insult but as a statement of
fact, which can be proven or disproven in an appropriate manner, but I
can come to no reasonable conclusion but that you are actually mentally ill.
I can see no other alternative based on your continuously outrageous and
consistently malicious behavior wherein your accusations of ill behavior
are a precise description of your own behavior.

At this point, and I genuinely mean this not as an insult but as a
compassionate gesture, I can only say that I feel sorry for you.

In light of this I can only implore the current constituency of this
mailing list and the powers that be (Bill) NOT to turn over control of
this group to you in any way, shape or form. To do so would be like
throwing baby chicks to the fox.

I have no wish to have personal control of the list in any way shape or
form but I will be happy to provide the means for those who would
genuinely run the group in the best interests of the group to do so. My
ISP has been in business for 4 years and I have a long-term committment
to work there and the authority and latitude to allocate resources to an
APPROPRIATELY SELECTED group of moderators but only if the bylaws and
moderators are chosen by a fair vote.

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead