Northstar S100 compatability

From: Simon Coombs <simon_at_nenevr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 19 13:45:08 1998

Hi there, guys. I've been lurking on this list for a good long while now,
and some of the recent talk of Northstar crates actually prompted me to
dig one out that I had aquired a good few years ago and promptly forgotten
about...!

Does anyone have any idea what sort of RAM cards the Horizon likes to
play with? My system already has an (albeit flakey) RAM-16 card, and I
have the remains of an old Godbout Econoram-II card, sans about half its
chips. I have *no* idea whether this card was ever used with the N*.

The machine is not in great condition, bless it; it seems to have been
robbed of a couple of voltage regulators at some point in the past, and
the full-height 5.25 drives are, I fear, past their best, and shall be
retired gracefully. I think that the PSU could do with some adjustment,
too; if anyone in the UK has schematics for any of these bits, and would
be willing to make copies in exchange for money or eternal gratitude,
please let me know!

Still, despite it's problems, I suppose I should at least be grateful
that I have at least found a manufacturer of hard-sectored diskettes! [1]

Thanks.

Simon.

--
Simon Coombs                                simon_at_nenevr.demon.co.uk
Don't stand on ceremony; just bow low.      CP/M - The once and future O/S!