Vic-20 heads-up

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Thu Mar 19 23:58:34 1998

Sorry for the on-topic post, but, I just wanted to let folks know that
there is a guy (Ward(?) Shrake) who is archiving Vic-20 cartridges. He has
a list posted on the web (and of course, I don't have URL here on the
train) and is actually taking images of the cartridge ROM's for a CD-ROM
(as well as scanning pictures of the labels and such.)

If anyone is really interested, e-mail me and I'll dig up the URL where
he's got a list of all the cartridges that were available. (If you have
one that's not on the list, please let him know!)

I'm proud to say that I did have one that wasn't on the list (Fun with
Music, by Epyx) and am sending it, along with another (apparently
incredibly rare) cart (Dot Gobbler) for him to take images of.

This sort of serious, practical preservation is definitely to be commended.

(I remember staying up late and playing one of the text adventures on a
Vic-20 with a friend of mine. His first introduction to computers. I was
happy to be able to offer him a new experience, since he had provided me
with so many.)

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/