oddball find PS/2-50, NOT oddball PS/2. :))

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 01:27:39 1998

<Guys, everyone should have this book by Scott Mueller, "Upgrading and
<Repairing PCs". Tis' have good INFO on most PS/2, PS/1 and some late
<IBM boxens including the PC, XT and AT in all types, convertible,
<5155 portable.

I have that book and it's leaving me guessing on some of this.

<Not in this sense. Correctly stated, in IBM's words: for this 50
<series uses either MFM/RLL card that plugs into that MCA bus or the
<IDE MCA hd and pass thru card called IDE (MCA IDE) on Interposer
<Card.

It must be the mfm/rll as the card in the MCA bus is fairly busy and the
drive is sparse.

<BTW, got a spare working 1.44 FDD for that 50 series? All I have is
<this battle damaged naked 50Z board with CPU and rom with stand up
<floppy adaper. Or better yet, any luck finding a spare PS/2 with
<386 or better boxen?

I have no desire to get into MCA bus or for that fact PS/2 or machines of
that era. Older ISA I have but that's it other than the more current 386
and 486 box to run mail, linux and gcadd. I may trade off these ps/2s.

Allison