Fairchild FST-2?

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 15:31:53 1998

After hearing about some of the cool things you folks find at thrift
stores, I decided to hit a couple today. I was pretty disappointed in the
slim pickings, but I found a couple of interesting but useless items:

1) A fairly recent work (Aug 1997) showing the layout of all of Apple's
buildings, including employee names, extensions, and the offices they
occupy. For sale to the highest bidding head-hunter!

2) Manuals for a Fairchild FST-2 CPU, Series 20 maintenance manual, MASTR
O/S reference, Enhanced Precision Measurement Unit hardware description,
and some other info. I've never heard of this computer before (circa
1981, as far as I can tell). Any help putting this into a historical
context appreciated.

I also saw, but haven't yet purchased an intriguing box. The computer was
in a sturdily constucted case with wood panels. There was no easy way to
open the case (without a screwdriver), but from the bottom I could see
what looked to be the main board labeled "Vector Electronic 8803" or
something similar. Help?

-- Doug