Heinz Nixdorf

From: Frank McConnell <fmc_at_reanimators.org>
Date: Sat Mar 21 20:45:31 1998

"James Redin" <jredin_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've found that the ANITA from Sumlock Comptometer of England (1963) is
> usually regarded as the first electronic calculator [1]. However, recently
> I found an article about Heinz Nixdorf of Germany in the LEXICON's History
> of Computing (CD-ROM) which indicates that he built several models of
> electronic calculators back in 1954 (Models ES12 and ES24).

At the risk of suggesting the obvious, have you contacted
the Heinz Nixdorf Museumforum? They have a web site at
http://www.hnf.de/ and one of the pages contains a list of
contact addresses. However, you will either need to read
German or have good luck with the translator at
http://www.altavista.digital.com/ (which is of limited use
on HNF's site because some of the text is embedded in images).

-Frank McConnell