HP cards-anyone?

From: Russ Blakeman <rhblake_at_bbtel.com>
Date: Sat Mar 21 21:22:40 1998

Ok, here's a group of cards made by Hewlett Packard that appear to be of
a mini computer style....

The first three have the white extractor tabs on two corners (much like
an HP 1000's cards do) and are 7.5" by 17" and have female header
connectors on the bottom 17" edge. Here's each card:

1) p/n 07980-66503 and has three bios looking socketed chips in the
upper left corner. These are numbered 88780-12122, -12222, -12322 and
there's a crystal for 20mhz on board. My guess is it's a processor
board?

2) p/n 07980-66534 and has a quick lock type ribbon cable socket on the
top/left, two bios looking chips numbered 88780-12423 and-12523. this
has a flat coin type battery next to the ribbon connector, a Motorola
MC68000 and 12 mhz crystal below that. Isn't the 68000 part of the Mac
computers? I have no guess on this one other than maybe an processor or
emulator card.

3) p/n 07980-66531 and has two ribbon quick locks. One is the same as
the last card but behind a steel shield plate. The other is similar to
the one used on older floppy controllers. This one also only has two
bottom connectors rather than three like the other two.

The fourth appears to be an SCSI card. It's irregular in shape and has
two 50 pin Centronics females as well as two 50 pin quick lock ribbon
connectors, one next to the Cent's and one on the opposite side. There's
a bios type chip with a label reading 88780-12618/U51 SCSI 6.62 and a
strange type brown two pin poweer connector. It appears to be mounted by
screws, not cage/slide mounted. It measures 11" x 6.25" and has a cutout
of roughly 3.5 x 4.5 inches near the two prong brown power type
connector.

Ok...you people know more about the big hardware than me. It's been 5
years since I've even seen an HP 1000 mini (from when I used an ESTS
station in the AF to test missiles) and it's all a blur. Anyone know
what these are, what they're from, and a possible new home for them? I
hate to throw away the heavy hardware since I know it's costly and in
some cases scarce. If someone wants to make me an offer for the four I'm
sure I'd take it. Remember, these look like they're good and are
untested. Let's face it though, anytime you can get something HP without
paying HP's price you're doing good. I'd especially take anything PC
parts wise in trade for these if someone has something good they can
spare.

Make me an offer and we'll go from there. They WILL go to the dump at
the end of March though. They weigh probably 5-6 lbs for all four, very
light.
 Russ Blakeman
     RB Custom Services / Rt. 1 Box 62E / Harned, KY USA 40144
         Phone: (502) 756-1749 / Data/Fax:(502) 756-6991
         Email: rhblake_at_bbtel.com or rhblake_at_bigfoot.com
           Website: http://members.tripod.com/~RHBLAKE/

       * Parts/Service/Upgrades and more for MOST Computers*