Bulk erased SyQuest carts WAS: Re: DING DING!

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Sat Mar 21 21:42:58 1998

At 10:04 PM 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>The SyJet is very nice, but runs VERY Hot.

Mine is warm, but definitely not what I'd call hot.

>guess would be the Publishing industry still uses them quite a bit since
>it's usually in Mac catalogs and stores I see the carts for sale. Of

About 10 years ago, I too invested heavily in 44mb Syquest carts. The
reason I did, is because one of my clients at the time (a major graphics
arts firm (logos for the Olympics, Microslut, etc.)) was buying them the
way most high-tech companies buy diskettes: buy a couple of cases of them
and put them on the shelf for employees to come and grab a handful. And
they *used* them. All day long, and often all night too.

The syquests were also very popular with the Atari ST crowd too. Somewhere
around here (in *that* pile, I think) is an Atari branded cartridge.

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/