Mystery Board

From: Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: Sun Mar 22 04:25:51 1998

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> > I picked up a board at a Hamfest last summer, and I still don't know what
> > the heck it is. It may not even be computer related - might come from a
> > photocopier or something. :)

<snip>

> It sounds like a board from a telephone switch. (Especially the "125B"
> label and the Western Electric chips.). I'd guess from 1985, based on
> what I assume are the date codes.

Interesting. I wonder how it ended up in a box of ISA cards (and one
S-100 bussboard)? :)

Please forgive my ignorance (and the potential off-topic repurcussions),
but could this board's function be what it appears to be? (i.e. RAM) And
if so, what use is that in a telephone switch? And could the switch be
used to do any computing? ;)

> Tim. (shoppa_at_triumf.ca)

Doug Spence
ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca