HP 82143A Peripheral Printer

From: Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: Sun Mar 22 04:18:06 1998

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Doug Yowza wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Doug Spence wrote:
>
> > Will the 82143A (the one I have) plug into an HP-75? Will it work with
> > anything else? What kind of battery does it take? Power connector?
> > Pinout of the 12-pin connector?
>
> I've got one someplace that I haven't used for years. I used it either
> with the HP-75D I used to have, or the HP-41C I still have. The connector
> is HP-IL, I think. You should be able to use it with just about any HP
> that can talk HP-IL, and you can even find HP-IB (GPIB) to HP-IL
> converters that might let you talk to it from machines with GPIB
> interfaces.

Thanks for the info! I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting an HP
machine in real life, but when I do I'll look for the appropriate
connector. :)

BTW, would you happen to know if the batteries for this beastie are still
available? It looks like it takes a big boxy battery (about 3.5"x2"x1"?)
with both contacts on one face.

And the power connector on the back is fairly unusual, too.

There's a piece of metal on the left hand side, at the back, that swivels
out of the body of the printer. It that for attaching the printer to the
machine that's using it?

What's the three-position "mode" switch for? It has labels "MAN",
"TRACE", and "NORM".

Thanks again!

Doug Spence
ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca