Next Computers

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Sun Mar 22 21:54:33 1998

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Marvin wrote:

> I just heard about a few Next computers for sale. The person I talked to
> said they were asking $350 and that included the box, monitor, keyboard, and
> mouse. Is this a realistic price, low, or high? I think he said there were
> 5 available minus what he might want. Anyone interested? Condition is
> supposed to be very good and when they were set up, he said something about
> they couldn't get the cursor to move.

Next made several models. $350 is way high for the slabs, a bit high for
the mono cubes, and a good deal for the color cubes. The original cube is
probably the interesting one from a collector's standpoint, and they seem
to go for under $300. I've resisted the temptation to get one so far.
The software was more innovative than the hardware, and I believe you can
get NextStep (and GnuStep) for intel boxen.

-- Doug