CMOS Battery for PC/AT

From: David C. Jenner <djenner_at_halcyon.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 11:57:44 1998

I picked up an original PC/AT that has a dead lithium battery for the
CMOS bios parameter storage. The battery says it's 6.8 volts. It's the
kind that is a 1/2x1x2 inch pack with a six-inch lead.

I've tried several places to find a replacement, but either a store
doesn't have it, or, if they have one, the voltage is not exactly 6.8
volts.

So, what's the acceptable voltage range, especially on the low end? And
any good sources?

Thanks,
Dave