HP 82143A Peripheral Printer

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Mon Mar 23 16:38:01 1998

At 05:35 AM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Joe wrote:
>
>> Doug,
>>
>> Your printer is made to work with the HP 41 calculator. The "plug" will
>> only fit the HP 41.
>
>Oh. How lame. :/ Unless the HP 41 is cool in its own rite. :)

  It's VERY cool! You wouldn't believe the things you can do with it. If
you ever have a chance to get one, GRAB IT!

>> It uses a HP 82033 battery pack. That's the same
>> battery that's used in the 82162 printer, HP 97 calculator and many other
>> HP products. That battery has 4 sub-C NiCad cells in it.
>
>OK thanks.
>
>And thanks for the other info that I snipped.
>
>It looks like this printer will sit on the shelf for a while and collect
>dust.

   Well, you could sent it to me. I have at least 20 HP 41s!

> But it's darn cute! :)

   You should see the tape drive! It's the same size and style and it's not
the usual audio tape kludge. It actually has high speed fast foward and
reverse and has a directory like a disk drive so the system knows where to
find each file instead of having to seach the entire tape like most old
tape systems. It can find and load a file in less than 30 seconds.

   Joe