Russian PDP-11 info source

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue Mar 24 09:48:17 1998

In case anyone is interested I found an odd source of a little info on a
Russian PDP-11 the BK0010. The February issue (107) of Amiga Format, which
should currently be available in the US, has a section on Emulators, and
they talk about the BK0010. In my area both Barnes and Nobles, and Borders
books carry the magazine, with Borders carrying the version with CD
coverdisks for ~$15, and B&N carrying the Floppy coverdisk version for
~$10.50. The emulator wouldn't be on the floppies, but it MIGHT be on the
CD, I don't know, I've not had time to look at my CD.

There is an emulator available, but the minimum system requirements are a
68020 WorkBench 2, and 1Mb RAM. A 40Mhz 68030 is recommended to get full
speed, and apparently a 68060 is to fast.

In all it's only about 8 paragraphs, but it might be of interest to some of
the PDP-11 enthusiasts on the list. I've no idea if the emulator is
available for any other machines, but it might run in the Amiga emulator if
you have a fast enough machine to run that on.

                                Zane

| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_ix.netcom.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| For Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
| see http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |
| For the collecting of Classic Computers with info on them. |
| see http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/museum.html |