Mac II problem

From: John Rollins <rexstout_at_ptld.uswest.net>
Date: Tue Mar 24 12:37:09 1998

>Hi, I have had this problem, use the ontrack disk manager, fixes this
>problem quick.
Too late! I already reformatted the drive with a copy of Silverlining I had
on my(other) hard drive... And the only copy of Ontrack I have is for PC's,
came with one of my free 8088's. Is Ontrack DM from Seagate? I haven't
looked at my copy in a while, and I don't know where i put it.
Well, the problem is fixed now, and System 7.0 is running. Now to upgrade
the RAM... IIRC, the Mac II needs SIMMs with 8(or 9) chips, it doesn't like
those two chip SIMMs I have laying around, and it like 100-120ns RAM
anyways(most of my stuff is 80ns). Now to hunt for SIMMs that work... Do
all Mac II SIMMs need to be the PAL type, or just the 4MB+ a mentioned on
the LowEndMac web site?

| http://members.tripod.com/~jrollins/index.html - Computers |
| http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/1681/ - Star Trek |
| orham_at_qth.net list admin call sign coming soon... |