HP Win 3.1 -- off topic, but need help

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Tue Mar 24 11:55:29 1998

At 08:40 AM 3/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
>She
>badly needs HP Vectra OEM Windows 3.1(1) on 3.5" floppies, and HP's
>response to her is basically "We're only allowed to tell you that that
>never existed."
>
>Can anybody help with a copy? TVMIA --

Is there any reason the generic OEM Windows 3.x wouldn't work? There are
plenty of copies of that floating around and I'm sure they could be had for
cheap on the net--a quick DejaNews search shows a bunch of Win 3.x
unregistered copies for sale for ~ $30 a piece. If specific drivers are
required they can be found at:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/indexes1/vpc4.html

Hope that helps.

--
David Wollmann			|
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com		| Support for legacy IBM products.