Nintendo Stuff...

From: Russ Blakeman <rhblake_at_bbtel.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 12:04:53 1998

Hotze wrote:

> Hi. I've got a few questions, some are on topic, some arn't.
> 1) How do you get into the case of a NES? (Origional Nintendo, 8 bit)
> What's inside? (Other than the 6502)
> 2) What about SNES?
> 3) Gameboy?
> 4) (Off-topic) what processor does the Virtual Boy use? What kind of stuff?
> Emulators avaible? How do I transfer ROMS?

Is anyone aware that on the original Nintendo that if you have problems where it
won't recognize the game cartridge you can call the 1-800 number on the game and
talk to them about getting a one time replacement, as long as you tell them
you'll repair the game and that you're the owner, not a repair shop? They'll
also want the game's serial number to track whether it's been sent a replacement
already. They know the original is crap and that they'll make a few $$$ doing
overhauls on machines made defective by their own penny pinching. If you insist
on buying the connector, MCM Electronics has the connectors for around $9.

As for getting into the case, remove the outer screws, lift the lid, take off
the shield, slide the connector off and slip the new one on, and install the
shield and cover. No big deal. Some of the newer ones have security screws
though so get them out by drilling a small hole in them and use an "EZ OUT" to
revove the old screws, replace them with common screws of the same size.

If anyone gets into this stuff regularly and needs security type bits, MCM has a
nice little set for around $12.

 Russ Blakeman
     RB Custom Services / Rt. 1 Box 62E / Harned, KY USA 40144
        Phone: (502) 756-1749 Data/Fax:(502) 756-6991
         Email: rhblake_at_bbtel.com or rhblake_at_bigfoot.com
           Website: http://members.tripod.com/~RHBLAKE/
                           ICQ # 1714857
       * Parts/Service/Upgrades and more for MOST Computers*