TI calculator display

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 15:04:10 1998

Max Eskin wrote:

> A certain TI-85 (which I will try to fix, but is not mine) has a
> strange problem. The display does not display a strip of graphics.
> Everything else is fine, but about 20 rows just don't work. They DO
> work sometimes, but are then distorted. The LCD is connected to the
> board with a ridiculously long ribbon connector, folded several times,
> made out of thin plastic. Any ideas?

Chances are rather strong that there is a broken conductor in that
cable that makes intermittent contact, since you mention that a
consistent block of the display is flaky. _Might_ be a solder joint
on a chip, but those flat folded cables break often. The cable
might even be loose in the connector if you're lucky.
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,