Things seen

From: Ward Donald Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 14:58:00 1998

Allison J Parent wrote:

> <devices). Maybe if I can get my hands on an assembler, I'll finally
> <have a use for it!
>
> Keep looking as there was an assembler for disk (PEB, 32kram, rs232,
> floppy). I have a copy but not giving it away as I use it on my system
> from time to time.
>
> The 9900 wasn't a bad cpu for the late 1970s timeframe (the 99/4a was
> later) but it was slow and the 99/4a was real slow.

I was underwhelmed when I first played with a 99/4 in the Las Vegas
Computerland back in '80, when I did a quick little BASIC program to
count and print from 1 to 100 and got there first myself, but that
seems to have been the fault of a BASIC interpreter that had serious
flaws -- playing with my ex-fiance's (we got married last month) TI
boxes shows me that it was at least as fast as the CoCo 1 if it was
properly programmed. She collected those, as she credits an algebra
tutorial she loaded from tape got her through the math requirement
to get her nursing degree (as a former math major I am of course
apalled that all a nurse needs for a BS is what I learned in junior
high school [well] before Intel was founded).
--
Ward Griffiths
Dylan:  How many years must some people exist,