Ithaca Audio and friends

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 21:33:53 1998

I picked up some interesting items today, but none of them were complete
enough for me to fire-up immediately.

The one I understand well enough to do something with is the Morrow Pivot.
I simply need a power adapter for this one. A label near the power plug
tells me it wants 15V, a label on the back tells me it wants 3A, but
nothing tells me polarity and I'd rather not guess. Can anybody help?
(BTW, it's a Pivot, not a Pivot II if that matters).

I also found a National Semiconductor Board Level Computer (BLC). It's an
8080A single-board computer from 1977. There's also an unpopulated ROM
board in the small card cage. I know zilch about this one. There are
plenty of unconnected edge-connectors on the CPU board and an on-board
8251, so I assume I can make this one fly if I simply figure out the I/O
connections and power requirements.

Finally, a very nice 1977 wood+aluminum case, S-100 backplane, and PS from
Vector Electronic (who just made chassis AFAIK). There are several cards
I recognize: floppy controller, 64K RAM board, parallel/serial I/O card
w/modem, and then one that appears to be the CPU card: a 1979 Ithaca Audio
IA-1010 card with an NEC D780C (Z80 clone). The 2708 EPROM didn't have
the UV window covered, but it was dark in there, so I'm hopeful.
Unfortunately, I don't have an A/C cord that fits the three-prong (center
round) connector. I hope it's not trying to tell me that it wants a
voltage other than 110V, is it?

-- Doug