Ithaca Audio and friends

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 23:12:40 1998

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Doug Yowza wrote:

> The one I understand well enough to do something with is the Morrow Pivot.
> I simply need a power adapter for this one. A label near the power plug
> tells me it wants 15V, a label on the back tells me it wants 3A, but
> nothing tells me polarity and I'd rather not guess. Can anybody help?
> (BTW, it's a Pivot, not a Pivot II if that matters).

Doug, I've got the original Morrow Pivot as well as the OEM'd Zenith
model. Send me a note this Friday night or this weekend to remind me to
go check the power supply I have for mine. It's not the "official" power
supply but it works.

> I also found a National Semiconductor Board Level Computer (BLC). It's an
> 8080A single-board computer from 1977. There's also an unpopulated ROM
> board in the small card cage. I know zilch about this one. There are
> plenty of unconnected edge-connectors on the CPU board and an on-board
> 8251, so I assume I can make this one fly if I simply figure out the I/O
> connections and power requirements.

Nice find!

> Finally, a very nice 1977 wood+aluminum case, S-100 backplane, and PS from
> Vector Electronic (who just made chassis AFAIK). There are several cards

Another nice find!

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!