HMR Haul

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Sat Mar 28 13:57:09 1998

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Uncle Roger wrote:

> For them in the Bay area, I want to reiterate that HMR USA is worth a
> visit. And good news -- They're going to be open on Saturdays. They're
> going to be open M-Th for businesses only, and Friday and Saturday for
> individuals. They've got a new web site as well: <http://www.hmrusa.com/>
> (with no hyphen.)

They don't seem to go out of their way to tell you their location. Where
are they?

> Toshiba T5200/100 (2)
> Toshiba T5200

Wow, that's 75 lbs of Toshibas! Let me know if you figure out how to get
to the CMOS battery. There's a weird little compartment with a pull-tab
that looks like a good candidate, but it doesn't want to open (easily) for
me.

> Those marked with a * are ones I need info on the power supply
> requirements, especially the PenExec, which uses the same kind of connector

PenExec power pin-out (excuse the bad art):

6 7 8
3 4 5
 1 2

1 - ground
2 - external power
3 - ground
4 - battery charge enable (active low)
5 - external power
6 - battery positive current sense voltage
7 - battery negative current sense voltage
8 - battery rapid charge status (active low)

The power supply is labeled 8 - 16V _at_ 2A.

-- Doug